Sunday, January 15, 2017

Sacred & Profane: Priest Erotic Romance | Release Week!


This week's blog post comes a day early since this is the release week for an erotica collection that I am simply over the moon to be a part of: Sacred & Profane: Priest Erotic Romance. You can purchase the book in print or as an ebook.

I do have a story included in this collection, which I will be telling you about more in a future post. Today, I'm delighted to bring to readers an interview with the editor of this anthology, Torrance Sené!

TS: Thanks so much for having me, Leandra!

LV: I am so excited about this anthology! The theme is priest erotic romance. Could you describe in a few sentences what readers get to experience with this collection?


TS: Readers are in for a dance along the dangerous edge of divinity and blasphemy, and where love and lust bring them crashing together.


LV: What was the most enjoyable part of editing this collection?


TS: The actual technical editing process. Once I had the final stories chosen and laid out, as I edited them, it began to sink in that this was truly happening. This topic I’ve long enjoyed would be a book and not just one I wrote for, but one I compiled myself. I can’t think of a theme that’s more me to debut as my very first anthology. (Other than maybe cops/detectives, but that’s coming too *wink*)

Designing the cover was also a lot of fun.


LV: What was the most challenging aspect of editing this collection?

TS: Winnowing down the candidates, for sure. So, so, so many were great stories, but they just didn’t quite fit what I was looking for. Also, picking the final layout order of the stories chosen was pretty tough. I needed to be sure they flowed well into one another.


LV: How do you think this collection contributes to the sex positive conversation around erotica and/or sexual expression?


TS: I don’t believe kink should be watered down in fiction. That creates, or rather, perpetuates that we should feel shame for what arouses us. Fiction allows us to dabble in things we might not be interested in within actual reality. That’s important; erotica is a vital branch of sexual expression. Just because something remains a fantasy, doesn’t mean it should be ignored or repressed.

Since Sacred and Profane deals with a topic (i.e., sex and religion) that falls under the umbrella of taboo, I hope it helps readers embrace a facet of themselves—if it is indeed a kink they have.


LV: Finally, what are some of your personal favorite sex-positive resources? (books, websites, podcasts, publishers, blogs, anything!)


TS: I sadly don’t read enough nonfiction when it comes to sexuality, so I can’t recommend any books. But in terms of websites and podcasts, The Kiss Me Quick's Erotica Podcast, Submissive Guide, Dominant Guide, Submissive Feminist (NSFW), Ravishly, Lady Cheeky (NSFW), Kinkly, BUST Magazine, and Everyday Feminism are my favorites. In terms of publishers, I love Cleis Press and Sexy Little Pages.

*

I promise to write more about my story and review the whole anthology in a future post, but here are a couple snippets from my story to enjoy 'til then.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for having me! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Twas a delight. Let's do it again, if (when) you edit another anthology ;) :D

      Delete